June 20, 2023
Location: Evergreen branch of the Everett Public Library, 9512 Evergreen Way, Everett, WA 98204
*Words from the Coronets Baron Geirleikr Veðrson & Baroness Zahra bint al-Rammah
-For anyone that is traveling to An Tir West War, kick their behinds. Athaneum is happening this weekend in Madrone. July Coronation we will be sharing Madrone space; if you can offer setup/teardown help, please do so. Award Recommendations, please submit!
Check your own OP entry if you get an award 😀
*Seneschal: HL Sabina di Zorzi
- Contingency Seneschal: Lady Sigrid Hrafnsdottir
- SCA Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging posted on Facebook and asked us to share:
“The Society for Creative Anachronism is proud to stand by its values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We are committed to welcoming and celebrating people from marginalized communities.
Celebrating diversity of marginalized groups is standard corporate strategy for organizations that embrace inclusion, and we will continue to celebrate the uniqueness of people who have traditionally been erased.
We will continue to adhere to our core values.
- To act in accordance with the chivalric virtues of honor and service in all interactions with SCA members and participants;
- To be a responsible steward of SCA resources;
- To deal fairly with others, and value and respect the worth and dignity of all individuals,
- To practice inclusiveness and respect diversity;
- To promote a safe and respectful environment for all SCA members and participants;
- To act with transparency, fairness, integrity, and honesty;
- To maintain a harassment-free environment in SCA spaces; and,
- To avoid behavior that reflects adversely on the SCA or other SCA members and participants.
We acknowledge that as an organization we are learning and we are focused on being better each day.”
- At Boars Hunt, I posted the Anti-bullying and harassment policy blurb in all the biffies, and spoke to the heads of the main houses on site about the details. This is in an effort to make sure more folk are aware of the policy and how it can be used to help make the SCA more safe for everyone.
- My month has been mostly taken up with Boars Hunt and following up on questions with Kingdom for various questions such as things for practice sites. My personal life has had to take priority for a little bit, but that should calm a bit in a few weeks.
- Our July meeting is August 1st due to the library’s schedule. Quarterly reports are due the day before our next meeting. Please remember to report to your Kingdom equivalent, and copy in the Coronets and myself. If you don’t know what to report, please let me know and I will give you the basics from the one I need to do and you can adapt it for your specific office. I know Social Media specifically needs this because Kingdom hasn’t been responsive for them, but if there are still any others that need this, please let me know!
- In May, the Board of Directors voted to remove the requirement to place an announcement in event copy, on event websites, and post at events, regarding COVID and other infectious diseases. This lifts the last Board rule related to COVID.
- Webminister: Signore Giovani dell’Arco
- Site upkeep and maintenance
- Social Media: HL Katla Mani
- Still have not received any response from my kingdom level counterpart so I have been unable to submit any quarterly reports if I am supposed to.
- Facebook we have 1276 likes and 1352 followers, up by 8 from last month. (2 posts made between Facebook and instagram in June)
- Twitter we have 7 followers
- Instagram we have 381 followers (down 1 from last month)
- Discord we have 30 members. (down 1 from last month) 5 posts made in the various channels.
- Youth & Family Activities Coordinator: m’Lady Sorcha Magnusson
Boar’s Hunt was a big success. We had multiple different activities. About a dozen youth participated throughout the day. The token system per activity was well received. The toy dragons were loved by all the participants. I want to give a special thank you to Ablein (spelling) for having put together a lot of the craft materials that were used. I also want to thank the dance minister and her husband for teaching simple medieval dance and participating in story time.
*Exchequer: Lady Jaida al-SaHraa
Savings Balance: $26,303.61
Checks since last meeting:
$1750 to Greenhaus Portable Restrooms for 2023 Boar’s Hunt
$455 to Kingdom of An Tir for 2023 Boar’s Hunt NMR
Checks to be cut after Business Meeting:
Checks waiting for Request:
Final Site Fee for 2023 Boar’s Hunt
-Contingency Exchequer: HL Ciarnait inghean Dhonngaile
*Chamberlain: Lady Camilla Valerian – going to the unit 7/1 8-12 for inventory, create a new list for tracking assets.
Storage run for Boar’s Hunt went well. Drop off went well tool.
- Master of Stables: Lord Gunnarr Torfason
I wont make it to the meeting tonight so I wanted to provide my report.
Report for Boar’s Hunt: I have all but one of the reports but I do know it was injury free (as far as I have heard reported) and all of the malfunctions were caught before they caused issues. The hunt itself was fun as always. YAC hunt was small, but still just as fun. Hopefully we can advertise to attract more participants for both next year.
Doggy Dagger was enjoyed by both participants and observers with a final bout, at his majesty’s request, fought with light sabers. Our victor for that bout was Gunnlaud Leifsson, who unfortunately will be departing our kingdom soon (already?).
- Warlord: HL Loftr Jolgeirsson
Nothing new to report. Once they have a practice site, will work on getting a regional practice.
- Master of Sword: Don Dyryke Stanley
No report submitted.
- Baronial Archer: Lord Peter of Aquaterra
Nothing to report on practices. Boar’s Hunt successful, participation included many new shooters/youth.
- Minister of Thrown Weapons: Lady Sophia Aland
No practices due to June Faire. Will probably need to move the day/time due to summer commitments. We do have new portable stands.
- Minister of Lists: HL Elizabeth Pendarvis
Several submissions have passed. Several in the system.
- Gorges Herald: HL Mieczyslaw Czarnecki
-Nothing to report
- Baronial Scribe: Lady Genevieve DeMarais
Nothing to report; has quite a few blank charters.
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: HL Kathryn Garnett
July will not have an A & S meeting. August will be the first Sunday in Marysville – shoe class will be happening. Will be at Athenaum.
- Games Minister: Lady Eibhlin inghean Sheain
Successful Boar’s Hunt. Had an adult competition; youth otherwise occupied. We will have a games meetup this week Thursday at 5:30 Mukilteo Library.
- Costumer’s Guild: Magistra Lorenzia di Simonetti
Our guild is helping with TRH. TRM are looking for largess caps for newcomers of any sort.
- Dance Minister: HL Soelig Sweteglee
No report submitted.
- Chatelaine: Lady Dzovinar Korikosen/Gold Key: Lady Dzovinar Korikosen
-Last month’s Newcomer social had 6 people, 2 of which were newcomers.
-I have good news and bad news. Good news I am now working. Bad news, my working hours will not allow for me to host the newcomer social as I will not get off work till 7:30pm weeknights. Her Excellency has said she would look into hosting when she is available until either I am replaced or my hours change again but that might not allow for an every month social.
-Gold Key is still with the Exchequer and we are still trying to coordinate a time that works for all parties in right sizing with our cousin Barony.
-* Chronicler: HL Landinn de Marest
Looking for photos from Boar’s Hunt for the Murmurs.
- Grete Boke: HL Michelino di Gino Martini.
Has received scanned copies of all pages. Has zip file, is still working on getting the actual photobooks back.
Officer Vacancies or Accepting applications:
- Youth Armored Combat
- Gold Key
- Games Minister
- Master of Stables
Boars Hunt (Lady Sigrid Hrafnsdottir, HL Landinn de Marest, and day-of HL Sabina di Zorzi) – June 2-4
- Sigrid wasn’t able to attend, but the event ran smoothly on site since folk all stepped up to work together. I’d especially like to thank Gideon, Konrad, and their house, Hrafensheim, for handling the majority of the storage run, set up, and tear down. ~230 total. 127 weekend, 75 day adults. 15 youth.
Good Yule – December 2 – Lady Camilla Valerian and Lady Sophia Aland – working on menu. Theme is 1492 Andalusia. Site is confirmed/paid for.
Ursulmas 2024 – January 26-28 – HL Samira al Wadi and HL Loftr Jolgeirsson
- We have nothing much to report. We are getting officers and volunteers on board and working towards that end.
- We have not heard back from the Kingdom Media officer yet as to the questions of a video/commercial we can put on line geared towards non-SCAdieans. We’d really like some answers about this as video production needs to begin VERY soon to be able to put this together for publication by the end of August.
Aquaterra Champions – August 5
Banner War – September 8-10