Words from the Coronets: Baron Geirleikr and Baroness Zahra: Great to see everyone, glad everyone is taking care of themselves. Please send in awards recommendations! There will be virtual court the weekend that would have been Boar’s Hunt, if anyone would not like to be awarded on camera please let us know. There will be another Beer with the Baron this Saturday, and another Coffee with the Baroness on April 13th. Online content from various sources continues to be available (see previous minutes).
- Seneschal : Maighster Conal MacLaren
- SCA Announcement: Corpora Introduction has been revised to better capture the spirit of inclusivity and better reflect the ideals of the mission statement. Full announcement can be found at SCA.org, March 12, 2021 Corpora – Revised Introduction.
- Membership Assistance Fund – SCA.org – Those in need of assistance to maintain membership as an officer can request aid at SCA.org. Also, at SCA.org, anyone can donate to the fund.
- As of 3-14-2021, The Canton of Bearwood has officially been placed in Suspension by the Seneschal of An Tir for a period of up to 2 years or until the branch has fulfilled the obligations to become a full status Canton again. The reason for the suspension is the Canton is out of compliance to be a functioning branch. The status of the branch will be reviewed every 6 months if not sooner.
- Activities, meetings, and events except for virtual activities are cancelled thru May 31st, 2021. Still no change from the Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown nor the BOD regarding activities and events. I would like to encourage everyone to start planning for activities and events beginning in June. Safety, activities, Event Coordinators, Events Support, etc.
- Open positions include:
- Minister of Horse (a deputy of the Master of Stables, currently accepting applications)
- Family Activities Coordinator (currently accepting applications)
- Youth Armored Combat Warden (a deputy of the Master of Stables, currently accepting applications)
- Gate (a deputy of the Exchequer, currently accepting applications)
- Reservations (a deputy of the Exchequer, currently accepting applications)
- Master of Stables: Lord Gunnarr Torfason: No practices due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Warlord: HL Loftr Jolgeirsson: No war practice due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Master of Sword: Don Dyryke Stanley: No fencing practices due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Chief Archer: Lord Criostal Sealgaire: No archery practices due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Minister of Thrown Weapons: Lady Sophia Aland: No thrown weapons practices due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Minister of Lists: Lady Elizabeth Pendarvis: No practices due to Covid Event Restrictions
- Gorges Herald: Lord Biorn Atlason: Working with a few folks on names and devices, all submitted to the herald group last week. One of Bjorn’s badges passed the last LOAR.
- Scribe: HL Adrianna the Fierce: Scribal team (credit to Rowena of the Jade Isles and Karin Olesdotter) has been putting together 7 original charters. There are many painted charters, so please recommend folks for awards! There will be a class on May 9th about how to make surcoats for fighters. New set of bookmarks to paint are on the google drive: https://dev.azure.com/itsals/E_Sell_FlightChanges/_workitems/recentlyupdated/
- Minister of Arts & Sciences: HL Katarzyna Miloshawa: Personality and Persona class last week went well and will be taught again in a few months. In May there will be an online Stitching Social. Looking for someone to lead a conversation or class on male persona.
- Games Minister: Lady Eibhlin inghean Sheain: No game days due to Covid Event Restrictions, available on boardgamearena.com to play with folks.
- Costumers Guild: Baroness Lorenzia di Simonetti: No Report
- Dance Minister: HL Soelig Sweteglee: No dance practices due to Covid Event Restictions
- Family Activities Coordinator: position open
- Chatelaine: M’Lady Dzovinar “Dzo Vee Nar”: A new family contacted the barony and has been directed to folks relevant to their interests.
- Gold Key: M’Lady Dzovinar
- Exchequer: HL Halawa al-Waddi
- Checking: $35,570.82
- Savings: $26,297.71
Contingency: HL Eoin Mac an tSaoir
- Chamberlain: Lady Camilla Valerian
- Chronicler: M’Lady Aster: Newsletter is coming soon, minutes will be posted end of day tomorrow.
- Grete Boke: HL Michelino di Gino Martini: If you have pictures of past champions in regalia, please email (with name and date if you have them) to Lady Samira.
- Web Minister: M’Lord Jon of Aquaterra: New website is live, huzzah! Looking for a deputy to train to take over as Web Minister and Social Media. Contact at Aquaterra.Webminister@antir.org
Canton of Bearwood – 2 yr Suspension 3-14-2021
- Boars Hunt 2021: 5/28-30/2021 – Cancelled due to pandemic restrictions.
- Online Baronial Court: 5/29/2021 – 5pm online. Information to be sent out day prior.
- Banner War 2021: 9/10-12/2021 – Open for bids now.
- Aquaterra Champions 2021: 8/7/21 – Open for bids now.
- Kindgom Collegium 2021: 11/12‑14/21 – Lady Elizabeth & HL Samira. :Contracts with cancelation contingencies have been signed! Next step is that we have reached out to track coordinators and are soliciting for teachers and classes. Will be reaching out to other folks about volunteering closer to August.
- Good Yule 2021: 12/4/2021 – Open for bids now.
- Ursulmas 2022: 1/28 – 30/2022 – HL Gideon & HL Katarzyna Miloshawa: Waiting to hear back from the fairground with regard to an appointment.