Banner War takes place September 11 - 13, 2020
Each competing war band is represented by a mini-banner on the Scoreboard. The winner of each contest is given a physical War Point token. The mini-banner is taken out of the hole that it is in, the token is placed in that hole, and the mini-banner is moved up to the next.
It's best to prepare your team's mini-banner ahead of time. There may be minimal materials available on site, but you shouldn't count on it.
The team banner and the scoring banner are not the same; each team should have a large, identifying banner for use in Court.
Specs for the mini-banners:
- no more than 10 inches wide
- no more than 12 inches long
- Need to be able to attach to a 1.25" dowel at the top. Ties or a pocket sleeve are fine.
- Doesn't have to be pretty or sophisticated.
- Does have to be family-friendly.
You can easily tell who is winning - their banner is highest!.... for now ....
Points may not be scored immediately; winners may wait as late as Closing Court to decide.