Ursulmas Medieval Faire will return January 25 - 26, 2020
I would like to invite you to come play games in the Ursulwyck village.
Games have been a popular pastime throughout the ages and a lot of our modern games have origins spanning from hundreds to even thousands of years in the past.
There will also be games available for small children as well as stories and a play castle and some small crafts.
- Modern Chess (Mad Queen Chess 1450) - https://www.chess.com/learn-how-to-play-chess
- Byzantine Chess (on round board!) - https://www.instructables.com/id/Byzantine-Or-Circular-Chess-How-to-Setup-and-play/
- Alquerque (predecessor to checkers) - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/alquerque-rules.htm
- Backgammon - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/backgammon-rules.htm
- 9 man morris - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/morris-rules.htm
- Mancala (an old favorite with many ways to play) - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/mancala-rules.htm
- Shut the Box - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/shut-box-rules.htm
- Senet - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/senet-rules.htm
- Cribbage - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/cribbage-rules.htm
- Game of the Goose (1596 version of Chutes and Ladders with gambling!) - https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/goose-game-rules.htm
- Scopa (Italian card game) - http://www.seeyouinitaly.com/italian-card-games/scopa/
- Hnefatafl - http://tafl.cyningstan.com/page/20/a-rule-book-for-hnefatafl